Service with Alateen in Tennessee
Basic Requirements to Become a Tennessee Area AMIAS (Al-Anon Member In Alateen Service):
- Must be an Al-Anon member currently attending at least one Al-Anon meeting weekly and have a personal sponsor.
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Have at least two consecutive years of active attendance in Al-Anon.
- Not have been convicted of a felony and not have been charged with child abuse or other inappropriate sexual behavior, and not have demonstrated emotional problems which could result in harm to Alateen members.
- Complete all Tennessee Area AMIAS application forms.
- Pass a background check performed by a Tennessee licensed company.
- Participate in an Area sponsored Alateen training/workshop.
For any Alateen related questions email Alateencoordinator@tn-al-anon.com
Area 52 TN Alateen Permission Forms
A. For Day/Short Trips – Only Use the Form titled: “Parent/Guardian Permission Form for TN Area 52 Al-Anon/Alateen Sponsored Events.” This form is used by AMIAS to transport Alateens to a meeting when their parent or guardian is not able to transport them. This form is not used for overnight events.
B. For Overnight Trips (2 forms needed): – 1) Form A and 2) Form titled “Power of Attorney For Care of Minor Child TN Area 52 Al-Anon/Alateen” These forms are used by AMIAS to transport Alateens to overnight events (like Conventions) when their parent or guardian is not present.